Saturday, March 21, 2009

Our $3 Purchase...

Our neighborhood was having a "neighborhood garage sale" today...so Brooks and I decided to go garage sale-ing. We woke Brooklyn up a bit early and left the house at 8. We weren't looking for anything particular...maybe a few fun baby toys??...but just anything that looked like we had to have it (you know...we NEED other people's junk or old stuff...haha). Needless to say...we got bored and lost interest very quickly. Brooks quickly decided that this is much more fun in Midland with Betsy. We stopped at a few houses...but never saw anything that said "buy me." We went by one house that had a ton of baby stuff! I think she must have had twins...because she had two of everything (swings, booster seats, etc). We drove off...then I began to obsess over the booster seat and thinking how it would be handy to have at my aunts house...and if I could get it for $3 it would probably be worth it (she was asking $5). Now, the tricky part...where was this house!! Luckily my super husband found it! ...and the booster seat was still there! She sold it to us for three bucks...so our little purchase made our garage sale-ing adventure worth while.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

well, come to midland and we will go garage-saling!!!! : )